Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Trip to Miami


Trip to Miami





After a couple of days of my marriage, my husband gave me a surprise, a trip to Miami for our honeymoon. The peaceful breeze of the ocean waves and the heat of the sun shining down on my face is what I really enjoyed at my honeymoon. Since I'm not a "winter" person that enjoys cold weather, therefore, a surprise trip to Miami was the best thing I could possibly think of in the month of January. 



1


The warm rays of the sun and the cool breeze from the beach made my body soothing. As I was departing from New York, I had mixture of feelings running inside me. On one side, I was feeling gloomy because I thought I would miss my hometown since I never went on a trip with leaving my family behind. Shortly arriving in South Beach, Miami, the feelings of missing my family vanished. Staying there for 5 days felt as though it was not long enough. I did not want to return back from this beautiful and peaceful place.



There was so much time I had to spend time with my husband. We were out days and nights, eating food, relaxing at the beach, shopping and traveling on bus & boat tour. Sugar Factory was the world's sweeter restaurant that I adored the most. The celebri-fog goblet blended together with a wonderful mix of melon, coconut and pineapple created a unique taste. For the final touch, they garnished this yummy goblet of goodness with lollipops and candy necklaces. The coolest thing about this Lollipop Passion goblet was that it had dry ice fog coming out of it. The visit to Sugar Factory left remarkable thoughts on me. I would not mind moving to Miami at all, but I know my whole family is in New York whom I can't stay apart from at all. If I get a next chance, I will definitely make a trip there again.





Vocabulary
Honeymoon (n.) a vacation spent together by a newly married couple
Garnished (n.) to provide (a food) with something that adds flavor, decorative color, etc.  
Goblet (n.) glass bowl-shaped drinking cup, sometimes with a foot and a stem
Soothing (adj.) having a gently calming effect
Vanished (v.) disappear suddenly and completely
Surprise (n.) an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing


Vocabulary Review
Complete the crossword puzzle by matching the correct word to the definitions. 


Across:
2. decorative or embellishment
4. calming; relaxing
Down:
1. to disappear
3. vacation spent my newly wed couple after marriage
4. astonishment
5. drinking bowl-shaped glass



Grammar Point: Comma is the most frequently type of punctuation that is used within a sentence. It is a punctation mark (,) indicating a pause between parts of a sentence. It is also used to separate items in a list and separate adjectives or adverbs that are being used next to each other in a sentence. 

Grammar Activity: Punctuate the following sentences with a comma in the correct place
1.) As I entered the room I realized that I was late again. 
2.) If she wishes Jessica can come with us.
3.) Because the game was so one-sided we left early. 
4.) While I worked at the restaurant I learned about making food. 
5.) Before you leave give me your house address and cell number. 

3 comments:

  1. Such a nice entry about your honeymoon! I am amazed by that sweet drink. I t looks great but must be very sweet. I hope you will get to go back to Miami Beach again. I have never been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a fun trip! Congratulations on your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miami is such a beautiful place! I went there a few years ago and still cannot get over the beautiful beaches. I am happy you had an amazing time on your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete