Monday, March 20, 2017

The Milestone Event of My Life



The Milestone Event of My Life

It was the month of June 2016 when I got engaged. After a few months of my engagement, my wedding date was finalized for January 21, 2017. In between that time frame, my family and I both were planning for my wedding. The amazing part of the planning was picking out locations and clothing for my pre- wedding photo shoot in November. Our first pre-shoot was at Long Beach on a sunny afternoon. My second pre-shoot was at Eisenhower Park and my last pre-shoot was at Brooklyn Bridge. Shortly after my pre-shooting, the invitation cards to my wedding were distributed. 

My wedding and reception outfit was the most difficult part of my planning. It took me about 2 months for choosing and getting my outfits customized. When I received my outfits, I couldn't wait to wear it on the special day of my life. As days were approaching closer and closer by to my wedding, the more nervous I was getting. Yes, it was a big day of my life and a day that I waiting on for a long time. When the day finally got here, it was like a dream. As January is the month of winter, luckily, the day of my wedding was arisen by a beautiful sunshine with high 50s. My wedding day at the temple went smoothly. After temple, my husband and I, the bridesmaids and the groomsmen went to a park for wedding photo shoot. In a little while, we were back to our lunch party where our loved ones were waiting patiently for our entry. As we entered the banquet hall, people all around were shouting with happiness. Slowly as we walked to the center of the stage, we began our first dance that led the guests to join us on a dance floor. It was truly the milestone 
event of my life. 



Vocabulary


Engagement (n.) a formal agreement to get married

Bridesmaids (n.) a girl or woman who accompanies a bride on her wedding day

Groomsmen (n.) a male friend officially attending the bridegroom at a wedding

Milestone (n.) an action or event marking a significant change or stage in development


Pre-Wedding Photo Shoot (n.) a session that you book with your photographer a couple of months before your wedding 
                                                         to take pictures


Vocabulary Review


E  I  B  V  R  N  E  E  Y  D  P  N  D  E  G  N  W  T  G  A  Y

K  S  B  A  J  P  N  U  F  L  F  N  C  V  R  E  M  O  H  W  A

W  I  Z  W  F  E  G  C  J  O  W  Q  O  C  J  I  N  O  N  N  M

D  T  D  M  W  Y  A  N  D  O  R  V  P  W  L  B  C  H  V  L  V

H  I  H  E  A  J  G  N  M  M  Y  L  L  E  W  E  V  S  J  K  H

Q  N  K  X  C  T  E  X  R  P  K  O  S  S  G  D  A  O  U  Q  R

X  G  P  Z  T  T  M  S  U  D  O  T  D  N  U  I  L  T  G  P  S

V  R  J  S  N  E  E  N  B  A  O  S  I  K  T  O  M  O  R  A  G

I  W  B  Y  N  A  N  J  F  N  O  Z  A  L  W  Z  B  H  O  M  S

W  P  S  J  O  M  T  P  E  U  N  I  M  O  F  V  E  P  O  I  F

S  W  T  T  K  V  A  A  X  A  W  P  S  S  B  D  Q  G  M  X  I

N  I  V  A  P  L  R  D  G  M  R  X  E  C  K  E  T  N  S  J  R

C  N  C  I  N  T  G  J  B  U  S  X  D  L  L  E  R  I  M  G  U

P  B  P  Y  W  U  V  L  Z  H  K  U  I  R  Y  W  U  D  E  X  W

C  P  F  J  T  L  D  B  T  V  H  T  R  Z  M  P  X  D  N  Q  B

G  E  P  S  M  W  G  Z  O  Y  I  Q  B  F  H  A  X  E  H  S  N

L  B  V  N  Y  P  I  N  X  V  Y  V  W  I  R  F  A  W  D  W  L

K  N  X  V  L  A  Q  M  N  O  X  G  N  U  B  K  F  R  X  T  C

C  M  N  V  L  L  N  F  D  S  L  E  K  L  T  T  M  E  Y  L  Z

P  Z  K  H  H  E  O  X  I  X  Z  J  I  O  C  D  Z  R  B  E  W

D  H  T  Q  G  K  D  M  D  V  T  V  M  F  Q  P  D  P  L  C  Z


bridesmaids
engagement
groomsmen
milestone
Pre-wedding photo shoot

Grammar PointNouns name a person, place, thing or idea. A proper noun is a type of noun that names a particular person, place or thing. In the story above, I mentioned three places Long Beach, Eisenhower Park, and Brooklyn Bridge where I did my pre-wedding photo shoot. These places are proper nouns and require a capital letter.
Grammar Exercise: Write a milestone event of your life and be sure to include at least 3 proper nouns (person or place) of your choice. 








3 comments:

  1. This was an amazing entry to read! Loved learning about your wedding and you look beautiful in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an amazing entry to read! Loved learning about your wedding and you look beautiful in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos and a beautiful couple, Mandeep! I so enjoyed reading your entry. It also had a good grammar point, and I like the word search.

    ReplyDelete